Web hosting is one of the most important parts of a website. It can be said as the blood running inside to keep a website up and live. In hosting the uptime has to be almost 99.99% always if a website owner has a huge business depending simply on the online presence. It is the reason clients always look for web hosting uptime guarantees. It is our duty to carefully review the uptime before selecting a hosting company to provide service to our websites.
However it is a proven fact that there can never be 100% web hosting uptime for sure. And as I told above that we must look forward to get a 99.9% uptime, we have to know the things in little details to know why it is not possible to get the 100% web hosting uptime. And we will also have a clear idea on how should be our approach to get the best services.
- First find out how long is the scheduled downtime of your chosen hosting service provider. It depends on the service your hosting provider is assuring you. Remember a 90% web hosting uptime means the 3 days of downtime in a month. And 99.9% uptime means 4 minutes down time in a month. So according to the agreement you have to face the down time. It is unavoidable. But you will get notification from the service provider.
- You must know how long the planned downtime of your service provider is! The reason is either sudden bug fixing or the maintenance work that machinery may need any time. This is unavoidable too. However the web hosting uptime is not affected by the planned downtime as you know about it before time and get notification for this.
- Be careful of the unexpected and avoidable downtime of a hosting company. It is nothing but the inefficiency of the service providers. It is found that the service providers shout for giving 99.9% web hosting uptime but end up giving below 90%. It is nothing but the lack of infrastructure (machinery and manpower). Find out the market reputation of the company before selecting for your website. A too long downtime is huge loss in business.
- How is the guarantee policy of web hosting uptime from your service provider? Generally there is always a guarantee policy with the clients. You should check the compensation provided to the clients. And you may ask the service provider to give you a report on the up and downtime. And according to the report you can tally how fare is the policy. If the services are great, you will see that the compensations are high.
- Last but not the least is the comparison of any hosting service provider with other hosting companies. There are hundreds of the companies who do provide guaranteed web hosting uptime and do publish monthly report on the service. If you find any affordable hosting company, you may ask their own report of the service and tally with others. Be careful as sometimes reports are not completely the original monthly report but the average on 3 months or 2 months. Avoid such service providers, they can cheat you!
In this way you can easily find out that the hosting providers can really give you best of services and at the same time can simply lead you to an unavoidable and uneasy trap of faulty services. But at the same time the fact is very simple – the client (you) has to be clever and careful in selecting a web hosting company. There should not be any hesitation to ask for report and compare the web hosting uptime provided by a service with other providers. So there can never be any issue in getting best of hosting service with best 99.9% uptime. What you have to remember is to make a good review of a hosting company. Never run behind only the cheap or affordable service but for quality.
This article “review of web hosting uptime” has been written by Pamela Henderson for onlinewebdirectory.com. This web directory has a web host directory where you are going to come across many web hosting companies who offer excellent and affordable hosting services. Besides that if you are looking for web design company or graphic design companies or any kind of website building service, this web directory is the one stop solution for you.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Pamela_Henderson/632183
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5714049